- Still Light Centre holds courses in its Hamilton studio location as well as at partner locations in Canada, the United States, and cities worldwide. Payment, registration, and refund policies are subject to the rules and regulations of the host organization for any given course.
- Payments at Still Light Centre are accepted in Canadian and American currency by credit card (Visa, Mastercard), interac e-transfer, or cash;
- Still Light Centre payment and refund policies are as follows:
“A La Carte” Students hosted by Still Light
- An advanced deposit of $150 (CAD or USD) is required to register for any course that is two days or longer.
- For all courses the tuition balance is due by the first day of the course.
- If a student needs to cancel or leave a class for any reason, deposits are non-refundable and are transferable to future courses held by Still Light within a 1-year period. Refunds on the balance will be granted up to 72 hours before the start date of a course. Beyond that time any money paid and unused portions of tuition shall be transferable to future courses held in Hamilton -or any courses which are hosted by Still Light Centre- within a 1-year period.
Insufficient Funds Policy
Any cheque or credit card payment returned as insufficient funds (NSF) is subject to an additional $50.00 fee. A second occurrence may end up voiding the Payment Plan and all outstanding balances become due before the student can continue with the program.
- All massage product sales carry a 14-day money-back guarantee, not including shipping and handling charges. After 14 days, all sales are final and no credit or refund shall be given.
- Books, e-books and video courses that are included with product bundles have no additional monetary value and are therefore non-refundable
- All book and clothing sales are final.
- Any cheque payment returned with insufficient funds is subject to a $50 penalty fee.
- Product refunds will be provided as long as the goods in question are returned within 14 days in new and resaleable condition, including original packaging where applicable.
- Still Light Centre is not responsible for any customs duties incurred during the shipping or receipt of packages. Any duty imposed at border crossing shall be the sole responsibility of the customer. Any charges incurred by Still Light Centre in the return of an item will be deducted from the total refund.
- Clients must provide a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice for any massage appointment cancellations. Within 24 hours, scheduled massage services are non-refundable.
- For clients who may have purchased a massage from a deal site please note that due to high volume, there is a $25 fee to change an appointment once it has been booked.
- Students acknowledge that Thai Massage courses require some physical exertion and hands-on contact with other students who are also learning new techniques. This may be strenuous and although great care is taken to protect students and guide them through safe practice, as with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated and may occur.
- It is every students responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding participation in a Thai Massage course and to certify that they are physically and mentally fit and would have no medical condition that prevents that student from taking the class.
- It is every students responsibility to communicate with the teacher prior to the start of a course if there are any physical or mental conditions/injuries/limitations to be made aware of so a teacher can modify course content and customize massage techniques for the best interest of the student and the class.
- Students agree to communicate with the teacher immediately if they experience any pain or discomfort in a class and a mutual decision will be made as to whether or not to continue with the class. A student understands that if she/he chooses to continue that the teacher will make every effort to reinforce safe practices and that may include any modifications to the planned curriculum and techniques that are taught to accommodate the student. That may include having the student observe some or all parts of the class rather than engaging in physical exchange of the massage if it is deemed that is in the student and class’ best interests.
- If students wish to discontinue with a course for any reason, then the refund and credit policies mentioned above will be applied, namely the ability to transfer any unused money and/or days paid to retake the course at a later time and within a one-year period.
- Students agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown which might occur as a result of participating in any Thai Massage course with Still Light Centre
- Students expressly waive any claim against Still Light Centre, its instructors, staff and owners for any injury, death, or damages that they may sustain as a result of being or participating in a Still Light course or being in a Still Light facility; including loss that may be caused by the negligence of the released party.
- Students release and discharge Still Light Centre, its owners, directors, teachers and staff from all liability, claim demand or action that students may have related to the loss, theft or damage of any personal property while at a Still Light course or centre
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Still Light Centre may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- – To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- – To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- – To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- – To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Still Light Centre
4 Creighton Drive, Hamilton Ontario L9H 3P3
This document was last updated on June 3rd, 2017