Study Thai Massage
What is Thai Massage
Thai massage is an accessible, dynamic form of bodywork that uses a blend of techniques to achieve a state of deep relaxation and peaceful release in the body, mind, and spirit. Thai massage is performed fully clothed on top of a cushioned mat or massage table. During a session, a meditative practitioner gracefully guides the recipient through a series of passive, yoga-like stretches, using their hands, forearms, elbows, knees, and feet to compress and palpate the muscles of the body. Throughout the treatment, rhythmic rocking and targeted acupressure are used to replenish energy stores and lull the recipient into a blissful state of relaxation.
Things to consider
- No prior experience in massage or yoga is required to begin study.
- Students can begin legal practice in Toronto as a Licensed Holistic Practitioner after completing the first two professional training courses and applying for Primary Certification.
- We offer 10 professional training courses—more than any other school— which are taught in three formats: over five consecutive days, over weekends, and as evening classes.
- We make it affordable to study! Students have until the start of Thai 201 to sign up for the entire program and save $500 off the total tuition. We also offer flexible, no-interest payment plans with equal monthly payments over as many as 12 months.
- All professional courses are tax-deductible.
- All professional courses are eligible for continuing education credits with the CMTO (College of Massage Therapists of Ontario) and NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, (USA).
- Students can begin training at any time a Thai 101 course is offered, and can customize their progression through the program to fit their schedule and goals.
- Students wishing to complete the full training program have two years in which to do so.
- After completing Thai 201 students are free to take advanced courses in any order that fits their schedule or interest.
- We offer in-depth course manuals and support tools to enhance the learning experience, including: step-by-step instructions, multiple variations for size differences and flexibility, use of props to enhance professionalism, and ways to promote client and practitioner safety and comfort.
- All courses boast powerful business and marketing modules, allowing students to build a clientele and financial success while they train.