Dates: September 16-21, 2018
Teacher: Shai Plonski
Location: Kripalu Center, Lenox Mass.
Course will be open to register on Kripalu’s Website in spring 2018.
Prerequisites: None. | Kripalu Schedule Sunday-Friday
Thai Massage is an ancient and timeless therapeutic approach which combines customized stretching (or yoga) with an extensive range of touch techniques using your whole body to help give. It is amazingly effective in promoting deep relaxation, easing all manner of aches & pains, improving circulation, boosting the immune system, and balancing the body energetically, thus facilitating mind-body integration. TM incorporates an integrative form of healthy movement for the practitioner as well as the recipient, enhancing one’s sense of alignment, vitality and health.
This workshop will show you how to tap into your own innate abilities to give a sensational massage.
• The four foundations of Thai massage (meditation, body mechanics, rhythmic rocking, and massage techniques using the hands, forearms, elbows, and feet);
• Unlocking the secrets of universal touch techniques, including: how to massage from light to deep pressure; how to safely and effectively stretch flexible and inflexible clients; and how to safely massage and carry the weight of light and heavy clients;
• Techniques to work the shoulders, neck, head, back, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and feet;
• Effortless transitions between postures and an introduction to contraindications and safety;
• Essential client and therapist care techniques for before, during, and after the massage; and
• How to get started on a successful career giving Thai Massage
Perfect for people without any bodywork experience, this training is also invaluable as continuing education for yoga teachers and massage practitioners. The gift of compassionate touch is empowering, incredible, and available to everyone ready to discover it.
This is the first class in our Professional Training Program. Complete two classes and a series of practice massages in order to qualify for Primary Certification. For more details please click here
• No Prerequisites
• 20.25 category A CEUs with CMTO and 36 CEUs with NCBTMB
Still Light Centre is a CMTO, NHP Canada and NCBTMB Approved Provider for continuing education