Table Thai Massage 2
Dates: June 1-3, 2018
Time: 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm -Friday, 9:00 am -5:00 pm Saturday/Sunday
Teacher: Shai Plonski
Location: Eastern College Saint John (on behalf of the Association of New Brunswick Massage Therapists)
Unit#123–212 McAllister Drive, Saint John, NB, E2J 2S7
Prerequisites: Table Thai Massage 1
Table Thai Yoga Massage can considerably expand your clientele base, while giving you the tools to take even better care of your body and promote a sustainable massage career. This course brings the incredible benefits of Thai Yoga Massage – including yoga-like stretching, profound relaxation, and energy work – to the comforts of a massage table. Performed on a traditional massage table with the recipient fully clothed, this practice attracts a broad cross-section of clients including athletes, elderly, and those who simply prefer to be massaged on a table. Therapists used to traditional table massage will reduce injuries to hands and wrists by learning to use elbows, forearms, feet and other parts of their body. Those used to Thai on a mat will augment their practice with a new, flexible form.
This course builds on the foundations learned in Table Thai Level 1 and expands students’ repertoire to two hours worth of massage techniques. During this course, students will:
- Learn a new 60-minute flow while reviewing all postures and techniques taught in Table Thai 1;
- Incorporate sen lines (energy pathways) and Indian pressure points into the massage;
- Understand how to customize to accommodate people of different sizes, flexibilities, and limitations.
What to Bring
- Bolsters and pillows
- Thai reflexology sticks (available for purchase from instructor)
- Snacks, lunch (these will not be provided)