Book A Massage
What to Expect
We ask that you refrain from eating for a minimum of one hour prior to your appointment. The body is most supple and receptive to movement therapy on an empty stomach.
You will need to wear or bring a change of clean, comfortable clothing for your session. An ideal ensemble is a long- or short-sleeved shirt, paired with pants made from a soft material that has some stretch. Because many stretches involve working with and stretching the legs, shorts are not ideal.
DURING YOUR SESSION
- We will complete a detailed health evaluation before beginning your session. Additionally, please think about any objectives that you have for your session, whether simple relaxation, the targeted relief of pain or tension in a specific part of the body, or something else.
- Thai yoga massage is a completely passive, full-body massage experience that is performed on a specially designed, cushioned floor mat (we also offer Table Thai if you are more comfortable on a massage table).
- Your therapist will support your body through a series of rhythmic, passive stretches, applying compression, palpation, and acupressure techniques along the way by using their palms, thumbs, forearms, elbows, feet, and knees as their massage tools.
- Your only job during the session is to relax and enjoy!
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- Stay hydrated. Massage releases toxins that have been stored in your muscle tissues. By drinking plenty of water, you will flush your bloodstream and eliminate toxins from your body. Try to drink as much water as you can in the 24 hours following your session.
- Rest. One of the best ways to fully absorb the benefits of a Thai yoga massage session is to plan a bit of R&R for yourself once your session is over. Whether it’s a solid night of uninterrupted sleep, a warm bath, or a quiet dinner with a friend, try to set aside some peaceful time for yourself.
- Regular treatments. Thai yoga massage is most effective as a form of preventive medicine –much like regular oil changes for a car, having periodic massage is one of the ways we can keep our bodies in good working order and avoid major breakdowns. In general, we recommend having a massage a minimum of once a month and as often as once a week, depending on your body`s condition and your personal goals.